||Ingredients for ~50 ml (17 gr)
||brown 89 mica, cosmetic pigment
||diamond 29 mica, cosmetic pigment
||coco-silicone or jojoba oil
||natural cosmetic fragrance oil Mandeline
Sanitize the dedicated containers and utensils you will work with, details in the general safety guidelines.
Add the corn starch and the sericite to a mortar, and mix well with a pestle. Add the pigments and mix gently, without pressure, so as not to crush the shiny particles.
Add the fragrance oil and mix thoroughly, slowly. The powder thus obtained is transferred to the dedicated container.
A delicate, bright and fragrant powder, suitable for body or face, to give the skin a bright, festive look. It is recommended that the skin be hydrated beforehand, so the powder will have better adhesion. Apply with a brush or diskette.
- the amount of pigments is variable, you can work with a smaller or larger amount, depending on the desired color and brightness; the adjustment is made to the amount of corn starch
- the pigments that can be used in such a recipe are: red oxide, pink oxide, pink mica, red mica, bronze mica, beige mica, gold mica - chosen and combined according to the desired shade
- if you want a less shiny illuminating powder, instead of the diamond 29 mica pigment you can use white satin 30 mica pigment
- you can prepare a smaller batch for testing, for example 5 gr, in which you vary the colors and their intensity, until you get the desired effect
- instead of the proposed fragrance oil, you can also work with Yassmin Tuberose, Roses, Lilac, etc. or with essential oils: ylang-ylang, geranium, or a combination of several essential oils/fragrance oils
- the powder can be prepared without perfume, the amount of coco-silicone/oil is supplemented accordingly
- instead of coco-silicone or jojoba oil, another oxidation-resistant vegetable oil can be used, but it can influence the powder's adhesion to the skin, depending on the texture
- Difficulty: beginner/advanced/experienced
- Utensils: precision scale, mortar with pestle
- Recommended container: Carven jar with lid, 50 ml or a powder jar
- Shelf-life: 6 months - prepared in optimal conditions of hygiene, kept in a dry and cool place