Versatile O/W emulsifier for a broad formulation flexibility, especially suitable for formulating low viscous emulsions like serums and light lotions, with low oil phase. Has a neutral skin feel, a wide variety of sensory profiles can be achieved.
Appearance: yellow pellets
INCI: Polyglyceryl-6 Stearate (and) Polyglyceryl-6 Behenate
- versatile PEG-free, non-ionic O/W emulsifier for a broad formulation flexibility
- moisturizing properties, suitable for difficult to incorporate ingredients (eg urea, ethanol, natural preservatives, electrolytes)
- HLB value: approx. 13
- forms stable emulsions between pH 4.0 and 8.5
- 100% derived from renewable resources
- complies with Ecocert, Natrue, Cosmos
- especially suitable for formulating low-viscous systems like lotions and sprays
- allows production of O/W emulsions based on standard hot processing and one-pot method
- can be used with low oil phase
- suitable for daily face and body moisturizers, light serums, booster type serums, body milks, liquid deodorants, sun care emulsions, after-sun lotions, hand moisturizers
- for serums, sprayable emulsions: Liqua 2.5 – 4.0%, oil phase 10 – 20%, co-emulsifier* 0 – 1.2%, xanthan gum 0.1 – 0.3%
- for lotions, light emulsions: Liqua 2.5 – 4.0%, oil phase 10 – 30%, co-emulsifier* 0 – 3%, xanthan gum 0.2 – 0.5%
- for creams: Liqua 2.5 – 4.0%, oil phase 20 – 35%, co-emulsifier* 1.5 – 2.5%, xanthan gum 0.5 – 0.7%
* co-emulsifier: Glycemul, Cetearyl alcohol
Processing: heat oil and water phase separately to approx. 75°C; add oil phase to water phase with stirring and homogenize; add xanthan gum and homogenize, cool down with gentle stirring, add next phases.
If water phase is added to the oil phase, it must be added without stirring.
Cautions: cosmetic use
Store in a cool, dry place.