Glucono Delta Lactone (GDL)- description
A Polyhydroxy acid (PHA) considered a next generation hydroxy acid. Used in cosmetic formulations as a delicate exfoliator, antioxidant and antiwrinkle ingredient.
Can be found in its natural state in honey, royal jelly, fruit juices, and various fermented products.
INCI: Glucono Delta Lactone
- moisturizer, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anti-acne
- gentle acidifier, pH adjuster, and chelating agent
- delicate exfoliator for skin, non-irritating
- suitable for all skin types, including dry and sensitive skin
- may even smooth skin texture
- combat signs of aging
- may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- it leaves hair feeling soft and silky
- slow release acidifier for formulations
- can potentiate the preservatives in formulations
- can help to enhance a formulation's antimicrobial properties
- recommended use levels: 0,1% - 5%
- added at the water phase of a cosmetic formulation, soluble in water
- skin care, cleansers, acne treatments, serums, lotions, toners, peeling formulations, hair care cosmetics
Cautions: do not ingest, do not inhale, cosmetic use
Store in a cool, dry place, protected from light.